After creating a site template with workflows and using it sometimes users can not start workflows manually or not at all and get the error message about having insufficient access rights.
This is a small bug, that comes from copying the workflows with the template and happens if users are added to the site.
To make alle the workflows work, you have to :
- open the site in SharePoint Designer with admin or system account rights
- expand the workflow tree
- right click on the first workflow and select properties
- on the security tab click on the link (botton of dialog box) „Edit in Browser“
- a browser-window will open. Add the appropriate users and/or groupe to your workflow
- click save
- rinse and repeat with all other workflows